Thursday 10 January 2013

Sketchbook Work - Commission

10th January, 2013

Sketchbook Work continued:-




I decided to experiment with different stitches and see which I may be able to use to enhance the lines and detail.
From this pages I progressed onto cotton canvas.

I prepared 3 small pieces of cotton with a watercolour wash, I then decided to cut my sketchbook into 3 (landscape) this was as the shop was a 3 storey building.
With a Sharpie pen I sketched out the shop, this was too thick of a line so I think I'll have to get a thinner nibbed pen. I think the sharpie was good though as it didn't bleed into the cotton and the wash.
I then stitched running stitch around the bunting to bring a bit of colour into the piece and also some seeding stitch in various colours to show detail on the standard lamp and upholstered chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment