Wednesday 6 February 2013

Final Stages - Commission Piece "Deja vu"

5th February, 2013

Moving on into the final stages of the Commission piece, Today I've tried image transfer with 'mod podge' this is something I've not really had much success with, so why do it again?!!
Well each time I think, " it's going to work this time!"

Well look for yourself NOT A GOOD DAY :-


Shocking, I should have known.


 Always leaves paper residue. Image transferred onto painted cotton.

This looks a little better, image transferred on to plain unprepared cotton.
Still not good enough though.   



 This is the best so far, but still not good enough, it still has paper residue and the cotton feels too stiff. Making stitching difficult.

I will move onto my next idea and have a think about size and which frame I have available and which to use.



No comments:

Post a Comment